Saturday, June 14, 2003

"SUPERDAD"
...my son clay (4 1/2) wants to know everything there is to know about superheroes (superman, batman & spiderman)--we have all the action figures, check out all the library books and so on!! when we read adventurous stories together he will always tell me who is the villian and who is the hero. when he asked me if he could draw a "superdad" picture for a father's dad card i was so thankful for his daddy, his hero. when i asked him what makes daddy a "superdad", he simply says, "he loves me so much even when he his mad and he protects us and makes sure that we don't die, that's all". (ok, so he's the actor in our house but i still think it is profound!) what makes my husband a "superdad" hero to me? it is as simple to me as it is to clay, without even knowing he shows our boys the love of their heavenly Father through his forgiveness, unconditional love and provision for his children. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY--to my hero!