Monday, July 21, 2003

8 weeks to go!
...today i went to my perinatologist (high risk pregnancy dr) and it was all good news!! my blood pressure medication is still working to keep my bp down and our baby girl is growing, she is 4 lbs 2 oz, which is about the 50th percentile for babies at 31 weeks. the not so fun part begins...i have to go once a week for 1/2 an hour for the rest of my pregnancy to monitor me & the baby-i also will continue to see 2 different dr's twice a month (too many copays if you ask me!). i feel so unprepared for this baby and 8 weeks sounds like so little time--but we almost have all the boy stuff out of her room so i guess that's progress! i was going to grip that andy has lost 12 lbs in the last couple of weeks, although i do think it is very insensitive to do when your wife is gaining by the day and it is half your fault, i then realized that in just 8 weeks i will experience instant weight loss in one day! i need to go rest now because i went shopping with lisa & stacey tonight and can't keep up with them anymore--i found myself wanting one of those handicapped carts to ride on. 8 more weeks and i'm complaining already-yikes!

here's why you should have 3 kids too...

Have you any idea how many kids it takes to turn off one light in the kitchen? Three. It takes one to say, "What light?" and two more to say, "I didn't turn it on."

~Erma Bombeck