Monday, December 29, 2003

noise
...today i heard the telephone ring, my beauitful baby's tears, the oven's timer go off, the washing machine doing it's job, brothers' laughter, brothers' fighting, my growing boys pretending, ella trying to "talk", a brother tell his little sister how much he loves her, my son tell a lie, my Father reminding me to see what he sees in me when i look in the mirror, my sweet sister's voice, my husband say, "i love you", the garbage truck pick up our junk, the time pass as the clock ticks, a star wars movie, clay learning to read and now it is...

quiet
...i feel so peaceful...quiet is hard to come by around here but at this moment ella, my angel, is sleeping in her swing, clay, who is growing up too fast, is snuggled up in my bed with the dog, "milk", and damon, big tough guy, who i often forget is 2, is warm under the down comforter with his bear. the only sound i hear is the heated air going through our vents and even that is quieter today because andy cleaned the vents last night! i reflect in the quiet moments about all the noise of the day-what have i learned? what have i taught? what have i accomplished?