Sunday, January 25, 2004

the week is a blurrrrr!
...last night my home was filled with laughter, community, good food, & "sex on the beach"! my friends, stacey & lisa, worked all day and then came to my house to cook, scrub toilets, do laundry, massage shoulders, & play with kids--i love them and treasure the community God has given us! for the past 7 days there have been a lot of tears, screaming & an eary silence around our house as andy & i have watched, helplessly, each of our children experience great pain-some relieved quickly (enema) and some long suffering. each day i was brought to my knees reflecting on how hard it must be for our God to watch his children suffer--in hunger, pain, depression, anxiety, divorce, abuse, etc. anyone who is a parent knows that watching your children suffer rips your heart out--you would do anything to take it away from them! the worst moment of my week was when the dr called my home late at night to tell me damon tested positive for rapid infulenza A and to try to make me feel better he told me the actual death rate was only .00something--then he gives me his cell phone # in case we have to take him to the ER. this week sleep has been hard to come by and i haven't had much time to reflect on what has happen but i sense that i have missed hearing God try to say something--in a 7 day span we have had a moment where there was a real possibility of each of our three precious children leaving this earth for different reasons, this does something to you-i can't even put it into words right now. we are very thankful that as of this morning all three children are recovering well and so far no one else has caught the influenza virus-yeah!



breathing treatments, x-rays, co-pays, over-the-counter medications, antibiotics, emergency room visit, blood work.....$337.77 (& counting)

take out food for a week...$113.99

my 2 year old laying lifeless on the couch for four days and on day five picking up a light saber and asking his mommy to play star wars with him.... PRICELESS JOY!