Wednesday, January 14, 2004

what is a blessing anyway??
...yesterday i was having a stressful day, trying to figure out how we are going to pay our bills this month. my father, very quickly, reminded of two things through the people around me--first, he gave me a spiritual family that is there to help me. lisa called me with an opportunity to make some money. i don't even know how to put down in words how much gene, lisa & stacey have blessed our family--they babysit, helping us to make our marriage a priority, they are always supportive and encouraging with their words, they help us financially always thinking of our needs above their own. secondly i was reminded that we serve a God that provides for our needs daily. our insurance agent , pat, was at our house to get some papers signed and said, "the man upstairs has greatly blessed me financially, knock on wood" (this was after andy's "blessing" blog!)--after he left, instead of being annoyed at the comment i felt reassured. above all else, i believe that God has placed me on this earth to fulfill His purpose and regardless of my financial status, He will do just that. in fact, i have seen His kingdom alive all around me more in the last two years, when we have struggled to make any income at all, than ever before. maybe it is a greater dependence on Him and those around us, i don't know really. but i do know that we are here in lv, struggling to support our family and i can tell you without a doubt that God is working through us has blessed me immensely!