Wednesday, August 04, 2004

my 12 favorite people

...have you ever been in a room with 12 other people--shared your faults with them, felt encouraged by their words, disagreed, had no concern for who the person next to you will vote for or how much $$ they make, ate & drank together, laughed, cried, hit someone & said your "sorry", imagined, created--and felt the most perfect love possible?? tonight we spent time around my square table sharing our lives and we had the crazy notion to call it "church"--never judging but sharing with uncensored honesty--it was holy and perfect love.

  1. ella: her sweet chubby smile reminds me that my Father finds joy in me
  2. sebastian: he loves each person in the room without reserve--he inspires me to love others
  3. victoria: she puts everyone's needs before her own--she is selfless and pure
  4. damon: his wild side makes me want to be more childlike--have more fun!
  5. clay: he brings us laughter every day & his words will lift your spirit
  6. serenity: the oldest of all the children, she is gentle, encouraging, imaginative & patient!
  7. stacey: her wisdom is beauty, i imagine Jesus loving the children around him so intensely like stacey does
  8. adam: he has a gift to make everyone feel special & unique--i can take on the world with a little encouragement from him
  9. michelle: her strong faith encourages me in this journey to know my Father, she uplifts my soul
  10. gene: his contentment & quiet spirit make me slow down and not take anything for granted
  11. lisa: she never lets me take on too much, if she senses a need she is there to help--she is a true friend
  12. andrew: he is so brutally honest about his struggles and deeply passionate when learning new things about the Father-he encourages me to grow in knowledge and never fear failure

this is my spiritual family--i am a better person because of each of them and yet not afraid to fail, i feel so completely loved by my Father in their presence- i love you all!