Monday, August 02, 2004

my dream gathering
...last night apexers came together to celebrate. it was a great party. i talked to people i have not seen in over a month. i saw smiles and heard worship, i sensed depression, exhaustion & pain. i long for a time when we can get together and know we are loved regardless of our differences and sins. i want to share more of my self with my whole church family. i guess what i'm trying to say is that because i have a family (house church) that knows me--my strengths, weaknesses, up & downs, & loves me still--it is really disheartening to be in a room with that many christians and know that most of us are putting up the "church" front that we are ok. how can we really be the church to each other if we are not asking for help, admitting our sins, sharing our concerns & struggles instead of hiding our pain. this is my dream, maybe it will only ever happen at a house church level, but allow me to dream big!