Monday, September 20, 2004

dust
...yesterday, i dusted off my hiking boots and hiked fletcher trail at Mt Charleston with my friend lisa. i've taken my three young children to the mountain many times but never hiked without them--let's just say there is a substantial difference in the level of stamina needed to hike a mountain rather than run around a creek chasing butterflies or throwing rocks into the creek! i am not the 24 fitness kind of girl, i love being outdoors in nature. we talked, climbed, enjoyed the cold weather and changing leaves for over an hour--this was good for my soul! since the summers are so hot here, i have been riding my bike in the early or late hours of the day and doing pilates (which my boys have become pretty good at!). the moment in which i realized that i have really missed hiking was when a deer glanced our way as she scurried next to the path and back into the woods! today i will dust off the old testament as i begin reading, with my boys, at the beginning-Genesis! speaking of dust, i'm really enjoying feeling the cold crisp air flow through my house all the while knowing that we live in lv next to a dirt lot and tomorrow i will be dusting the furniture again!