Wednesday, December 01, 2004

december 1, 1998
...after 8 long months, kidney stones, high blood pressure, 5 weeks of bed rest, 30 hours of trying to induce labor, our first son was born on this day. i remember tears of joy; it was an amazing miracle & tears of sadness; he was so tiny and i was really scared. 6 years later, clay asked me, "mom, why did God make children?" - i remember on the day he was born, feeling joy, overwhelming responsibility, instant unconditional love for him, the need to protect like a mother lioness does her cub and i'll never forget the moment that all of these feelings overwhelmed me and i completely understood the love that my Father has for me. clay has taught me many things over these last six years, his contagious laughter brings me unmeasurable joy, his love for his brother and sister has taught me how to love others deeply, but of all these things i am most thankful that God made this child so that i might know His love for me.

Happy Birthday Clay!