Friday, March 04, 2005

my hero
...lately i have been "out" of the house in the evenings more than home~spending lots of good quality time with my girl friends. this means that dad takes over. a friend asked me tonight if andy does "ok" with all three of the kids. i answered, "oh yeah, he does great!" he loves the time he gets to spend with all of them. i realized tonight that i am not giving him the credit he deserves. i know, and don't want to take for granted, that when i arrived home the children will be fed, played with, bathed, cleaned up their toys, had storytime and be tucked in bed. he knows that i appreciate him and i know that he truly wants for me to spend time with my friends. this man was meant to be a father.

andy, i love the way you wrestle with our kids, teach them about life, read to them, communicate with them and make them feel important, show them respect for me, cuddle and hug them. i love watching all three of our children in different ways imitate you, follow you and just want to do whatever your doing, talk about how much they miss spending time with you when you have to work and then run to you as you arrive home! thank you for everything you do to provide for and protect all of us, you are my hero!