Wednesday, November 02, 2005

all dressed up and no place to go

...last night i put on a new fall skirt and left the house with my husband for dinner & a movie. my dad called to say that he and my mom were driving up to prescott tonight. i just knew it was bad news since it was being delievered in person. i got off my cell phone just as the waitress asked if we were ready to order, and i began to sob. my mom had a difficult time as she shared with all three of her daughters and then her grandchildren that the mass in her right lung is a malignant tumor. CANCER: (clay's definition) isn't that pretty much the worst thing that could ever happen in your body? sadly i had to say that it is the worst thing that nana could have in her lungs, but we are going to try to find the medicine she needs to get rid of what is making her sick. my mind is all over the place--i am scared for what is to come, angry at every person who has ever smoked a cigarette (mom has NEVER-but the dr says the tumor looks like a smoker's), doing the "what if" scenrio, living my aunt and stacey's dad's lung cancer struggle and ultimately deaths all over again. my mom, as mother's do, is more worried about her children more than what lies ahead for her. it is a good thing that she raised three strong girls that understand how very much we are loved by our mother and our heavenly Father.