Monday, January 30, 2006

Jesus
...most might think i'm a crazy mother but i really enjoy driving on trips with my family. the kids read, draw, sing and ask a lot of questions. on a recent trip home from phoenix, the usual happened, my younger two children fell asleep, and clay stayed awake and talked for an hour! at first the conversation was about weather (sleet vs rain vs snow, etc) and andy turned it into a great science lesson as he always does! then, clay told me of a dream he had the other night. he was very sincere and remembered a lot of details about this dream. he preceded to tell me that in this dream he had to choose for me to die or to die himself. he said that he chose to die because he did not want anything bad to happen to anyone in his family. lastly, and very calmly, he said that he wished that the police had been able to get there in time but they did not. as he told me this story i was brought to tears at how fast my baby is growing up. he didn't hesitate to die for me, it was a simple choice. i told him that if i had the choice, i would die for him. he said shockingly, "you would?". he knows that i love him and would do anything for him but in this situation he just couldn't imagine allowing anything bad to happen to his mother. although we have talked about Jesus dying on the cross many different times, i explained to my son that this is exactly how Jesus felt when He died for clay--He loved him so much that it was a simple choice and although He prayed that there was another way, He died because He loved him.

the next day, damon, who was sleeping during the previous told story, told his dad, "did you know that Jesus died on a little t?" (meaning a lower case t) i love the way kids think-it is so simple and yet brillant.