Thursday, March 23, 2006


thirteen things about my week


1....we signed papers to close escrow on my husband's first house as a builder. in 6 months of work he was able to profit more than twice the income he has ever made in 12 months time! this has been a good move for our family!
2....after leaving the title agency, i was pulled over for speeding and received my first moving violation, otherwise known as a TICKET!
3....after receiving a ticket from mr police officer, i had a revelation about trusting God...another blog entry altogether.
4....my four year old, damon, is learning to read and rode his bike without training wheels! growing up is very hard, for mom!
5....my potty trained 2 1/2 year old started climbing on the potty and insisting on independence regarding this issue---with NO objection from mommy!
6....it snowed heavily the entire first day of SPRING!!
7....my parent's celebrated their 38 th year of marriage--i am so thankful for their love for each other.
8....on our date this week we went to dinner and saw V for Vendetta. we both really enjoyed this movie!
9....for st patrick's day we had a real irish meal, complete with corned beef, cabbage, 3 leaf clover shaped bread sticks (which my kids turned green with sprinkles), green juice and beer. for dessert we made apple barley pudding from scratch! we will never again be having this menu. although enjoyable, it was very rich!!
10...we are planning our next family vacation to disneyland and sea world for april or may!
11...i am still in the appeal process to get my health insurance to pay for my breast reduction surgery. i did get them to audit our family deductible and they found that they calculated wrong. always question the insurance company-they may make you feel as if you've lost your mind but in the end it can be worth it!
12...during my workout, i rode the stationery bike at our gym (it was snowing and i was forced indoors!) next to a lady who was cheering while watching a game show, Deal or No Deal. my family and i watch little to no tv in any given week, but if i did--this would not be how i spent my tv watching time.
13...i spent 2 hours having my hair done today and i love it!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday.